Monday 25 August 2014

A very Happy Accident....

.....one of the things on my to do list for a looooong time has been a purse for myself.
I eventually got round to it, and had in mind a drawstring design with a flat spiral bottom, that would be felted to cater for wear and tear.
Selecting two wools from my feltable stash I began the spiral....
..the two selected wools were different weights....
and it was tricky to keep the spiral flat....


 ...it grew quickly and was rather inflexible..


 it began to take on a different form...


So I continued going round in circles and made a freeform vessel.....


It seems to have found a place on a shelf that we see several times a day...


I love the knubbly bits on the edge!


So, this got me thinking.......



There were lots of sequins in one of the wools - but only a few are visible...the rest hidden between the stitches!


This sea inspired vessel is different from every angle - 
an ocean of photos follows, come for a paddle...













some sewn sequins for sparkle!

sunlight on the waves!





There are 17 yarns and threads in total - some singles and lots of combinations

This is a gift for a very special friend who spends holidays by the sea!


 Both randomeanderings have used plenty of wool!
The first wades in at 39g and the sea waves weigh 68g.
I loved the going round in random circles, 
freeforming is definitely my favoured hooking method at the moment very therapeutic and relaxing.

The purse is still on my list!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely!

crazydazy said...

the sea inspired vessel is absolutely stunning. Beautiful photos. Maybe see the finished purse in one of your future posts.

Amy at love made my home said...

It is amazing what comes out sometimes isn't it! The second one is especially lovely. xx

Jacqui Galloway said...

Especially love your little sea inspired vessel and the little spiral, hidden in the bottom!
Jacqui xx

linda said...

They are lovely Ali your creativity never ceases to amaze me. :)

Melody said...

I LOVE Them!! ~ A true happy accident! ~ They would be great to hold little craft supplies, and look pretty doing it! :))) I would even keep marbles in one...nothing worse than loosing your marbles! :)))
Happy Day to you!!