Friday 8 April 2016

Going round in circles!

For quite a while I have been fascinated by Dorset Buttons  - my mum made me a tiny intricate decoration several years ago,
Jacqui makes some beautiful ones to co-ordinate with her knits,
I have bought a colourful kit for a friend from Beaker Buttons,
and there's a fab tutorial by Lynn for a crochet button on String Theory Crochet.
This tutorial got me thinking.....and not one for counting,
 I decided to go round in circles then freestyle the centres!












Some of the beads and colours remind me of sweets!






I have been scouring shops for different sized circular items!
The largest is usually a bangle, from the local charity shops (sometimes some of the sparkle shines through!
Smaller ones might be child's bangles, curtain rings or assorted washers (I am a regular at the DIY shop!)
Just in time for Easter makes I popped into Stitch Solihull where I found these perfect woolly goodies!


The yellow, named Shirley Sock  is a fabulous hand dyed shade of BFL.....living up to its name of Sunshine Smile, just right for primroses and spring flowers!


I love the WYS rainbow, I'd seen their selection on-line, but the colours up close are so much more vibrant, especially the bird themed shades.


So the circles continued....




I picked up an odd ball of reduced Rowan Panama, chosen for its leafy colour
it has such a beautiful texture from the linen content,
perfect.....combined with a spring shaded cotton thread...


The rainbow has a quick colour change - just what is needed for small items!


Its been a little quiet as I have been doing some creative writing.....
.....but more of that story another time!

6 comments:

Melody said...

I really like these!! Lots of fun colors and flowers!! Reminds me of a
"rain chain"! ~ :)))) Good to see you're being crafty! :))

linda said...

You are on a roll Ali they are all lovely so unusual and pretty. :) xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Aren't they great, lovely how you can make them what you want them to be! xx

crazydazy said...

These are beautiful....works of art. I'm loving that rainbow wool!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

so appropriate for your blog title, random wooliness. It really describes this dorset button inspireds.

Unknown said...

All these items are lovely - I'm always in awe at how incredibly creative you are!