Tuesday 3 April 2012

A host of golden........

....daffodils!

After hooking some 5 petalled teeny tiny flowers I thought I'd try some daffodils for Easter. Following a search through some patterns and not finding quite the right one I thought I'd combine parts of the teeny tiny flower and teeny tiny heart patterns, tweak some stitches and add few extra bits!



each was crocheted with 2 strands of yarn, some plain yellow and some with an additional variegated tone.




...and each has a needlefelted middle...I'm sure I've used that before?
 (too many times to create links!)!!
It didn't take me long to combine crochet and felt!
There's another combo to come soon!


I've loved making them...as I started as a novice it was a bit tricky at first but I soon got into a rhythm.
The plan is to string them up into bunting...or a long string




 Can you spot the difference?



Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Creative Chaos Art said...

I love the colour the variegated wool has added to them :)
Helen x

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

Lovely! They are the perfect essence of Spring, Ali - they look great as a group, and I can imagine them looking really pretty strung up in a row as bunting. How I wish I could crochet! Liz xx

Unknown said...

Wow! Ali, they're amazing! You've got good at crochet so fast - adapting patterns! I love the combination of felt and crochet, they compliment each other so beautifully, and I can't wait to see your next project.
Becky x