Sunday 9 September 2012

The Dying of the Sun -

a meditation on Fire....

...as my last post finished with a sunset..so this one starts with a small detail of the balls of fire sparked by The Dying of the Sun - a meditation on Fire:


The public exhibition runs from Saturday 6th until Sunday 14th October 
at The Barn Gallery, The Bield at Balckruthven, Tibbermore, Perth PH1 1PY


It has been organised by the fabulous and friendly felter Tracy and Angela to celebrate the fourth annual International Day of Felt.


This week I have posted 3 items to be included in a collaborative piece...I am really excited about being part of this interesting and inspirational project alongside some very talented felt makers (including a friend of mine, Penny).

I will reveal more of the firey photos nearer the time, but in the meantime anyone nearer the venue might like to book the dates of the exhibition in their diary....

4 comments:

Melody said...

I see little wisps of white smoke coming from the fire... :))))

Linnhe Mara said...

Consider the dates booked!

Unknown said...

Oh, I wish I lived a little closer. I would love to see all the work produced for this fantastic event, and, of course, particularly yours! I do hope you go and take copious pictures which you put into a blog post so I can get a feel for all the amazing creations. Well done you for taking part, your work is looking brilliant.
Becky x

Tracy Markey said...

Thanks for helping to spread the word Ali :) Pictures of the exhibition will soon appear here: www.thedyingofthesun.com x