Friday 24 October 2014

Scrumble Swapping!

Have I told you how much I am enjoying freeform crochet?!
  - the freedom of taking wool for a wander, 
randomeandering with several threads, textures, and wiggles!
When Ali of crazy dazy, a fabulously creative knitter, expressed interest in freeform we hatched a collaborative idea of a scrumble swap!

Ali to knit a scrumble and the other Ali (me!) to hook one,
*pop it in the post, for it to cross the waves,  the other Ali to add to it* 
repeat from *to* 
until we feel it is time to stop!

This is the crochet one posted from Brum:



It will be soooo interesting to see what happens next!

I was really excited to receive Ali's parcel
a deliciously bright green and pink beaded scrumble, which reminded her of green cabbages! 


Its so much more random than I thought it could be, and so much better for it!
It looks like crochet..


I really enjoy exploring its shape and holeyness, 
Ali has deliberately made spaces for me to hook into...


 ...I am hesitant to add to it...
...so I propose to view it,
and savour it for a while...then have a go...
as that was its purpose -
to be one ingredient in a feeform collage!
I have been practising some new techniques...


Its so exciting to share creative ideas and I'm enjoying the thrill of the next stage.
Many thanks to Ali for another fun and inspiring project...an adventure in scrumbleland!

6 comments:

crazydazy said...

looking forward to continuing our freeform projects!

September Violets said...

What a great idea! The free form work you've been doing is perfect for this project. Your sent piece reminds me of a sea shell. You must continue to share how each piece works up as you send them back and forth. Wendy x

Jacqui Galloway said...

I love both of your scumbles and can't wait to see what you both make of them.
Jacqui xx

linda said...

What fun Ali, I can't wait to see what you come up with. :) xx

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

As I said to the other Ali, I shall be watching this with interest!

Awesome Needles said...

Hey how are you? Have a nice blog, I stay as a follower and I invite you to know my blog. a greeting
http://awesomeneedles.blogspot.com.es/