Thursday 7 June 2012

Exciting!!

I have abandoned my intended post mid-construction to pass on some excitement! If I left it until I had completed the said page I fear the closing date might for one of these news items may have been and gone! I'm being incredibly slow at the word to blog action at the moment!

So....first of all the exciting news that the fabulous felt makers Tracy at narkeymarkey and Angela at a life of felt are organising an exhibition
 to celebrate the fourth international day of felt, on theme of  
The dying of the sun -  a meditation on fire. 
A message to all my felty friends -  they are calling for submissions -  all the info can be found here and here
What a fabulous subject - bound to spark a flame of  inspiration!
It gives me a nudge to explore and extend ideas from my firey piece from last November...
can't wait to get back to felting again hopefully sometime soon I might get some space in my house and week!



The other slice of excitement is the arrival of my labels! I asked Fiona from craftedHOME  via Folksy to make them and they are fab! 



I gave her an idea of typeface and colours and she sent a pdf before printing them. I'm really pleased with them and am itching to make something so I can use one!!




xx


6 comments:

Unknown said...

love the labels !!

Unknown said...

....and thank you so much for your lovely comments over on my blog, sorry....have just connected you with your random wooliness (its my age I think). Hope you manage to squeeze some felting in soon x

Starfish Studio said...

Oh wow! Thanks for passing on the info about this exhibition. For once it's not a million miles from me - yay!!

I'm going to put my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with a plan before committing by registering!

The labels looks great - love the multi-coloured design!

Kate x

Tracey Todhunter said...

Those labels are gorgeous Ali. Hope you find time for felting soon xx

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

Thanks for letting us know about the felt exhibition, Ali - how exciting! Time to ponder over the possibilities now...Liz x
ps Love those labels!

Unknown said...

Brilliant labels, Ali. Good lick with the exhibition, I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.
Becky x