Wednesday, 13 June 2012

A Rabble....

of Butterflies!


Recently we celebrated  a friends wedding. The colour theme was right up my street  - bright pink and purple....


This butterfly was made with my fave hand-dyed Teeswater yarn ...and has, yes you've guessed it, a needlefelted middle!


I was so honoured to find that the Bride wore her butterfly on her wrist during the ceremony and all the photos!


I love the pattern ..its very rhythmical...




and the circular flower transforms into.....



....a beautiful butterfly



 .. a rainbow one!




By happy co-incidence at the same time as I was playing with my technique...Helen was hooking butterflies too!

As for a rabble of butterflies...I think I prefer their other collective noun...a flight!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Wow ~ they are awesome! What a great idea. I love the felty bodies, I'd have to give them little googley eyes though! ha ha
I don't know if my crochet attention span would make it thru making one! :))))))

Creative Chaos Art said...

They're so lovely! The needle felted middles are a great addition, and the yarn you've used is beautiful :)
Helen xx

Charlotte said...

Love butterflies! These are really good! You could go crazy making loads of them in all different colours!

Gill Pinkney said...

love those butterflies!!

Tracey Edges said...

I love the way that weddings are less staid and formal now and allow for fun and originality. The butterflies are great. I love the look of your blog - I just want to get my hands in all that woolliness :-)