Tuesday 4 December 2012

Presents of the Birthday variety!

We have a fair few family and friends birthdays in the run up to the festive season and just beyond.... 

when I first started to crochet I bookmarked lots of online patterns - one was the
which I have made for my niece


The granny was great to hook in sumptuously soft Rowan Handknit Cotton. I made up my own strap - which took considerably longer than the square 
(measured in Sherlocks - it took two (90minute) episodes!). 
An edging to match the strap was added to the flap and a perfectly coloured button from a random button tub. Its lined with a square from an old shirt.


I enjoyed the photo shoot in a borrowed autumnal garden!



A heart to hang has travelled North...



this is my own design and comes out a slightly different shape with each yarn used.
The one above is cotton yarn with sewing thread.

These were DK red and laceweight white wool.
Christmas crochet is happening at a cracking pace...there are lots of designs and projects in the pipeline - all at various stages of in progressness! 
There will also be some festive felt to share with you....
better get back to the making.

Wishing everyone a Happy Advent 
and many moments of calm in the seasonal preparations!

3 comments:

Melody said...

I LOVE the little bag ~ how adorable! You are a busy little bee ~ I'm impressed!
Happy Crafting!!

:))))

crazydazy said...

hi, love the envelope bag, the strap was well worth the effort, it sets the whole thing off. Looking forward to seeing your festive felt project, ali

Hindustanka said...

Love the bag in all its Autumn lovely colors :)Great job! Lining is something I haven't tried to do yet...way to go!
heart are cute and I look forward to see your other holiday creations :)