Yesterday I did something I have been itching to do for a long time!
I've had a kit to make a small wet felted panel for a while, but was worried about it not turning out like the picture on the front
(often my stalling point - I'm disappointed if what's in my head doesn't match the finished result...and I end up not trying at all!)
so I used the excellent laminated instructions, white merino and the soap flakes from the pack....
and the perfect opportunity to experiment - June's Being Creative topic of Ocean...
I searched through all my bright and colourful stash for blue hues
fluffed and mixed them up a bit and threw in a handful of angelina
laid them out on a bed of white merino and added a few whisps of mohair short ends (thanks Tracey!)
sprinkled on soap solution...
I am sooo pleased with the results -
I love the way you create a dry pattern and during the felting process it completely transforms and develops in a freely random way - extremely liberating for the part of my being that craves control
...it is still drying and the colours are changing often as it does so revealing hidden wooliness!!
I will be making more of this wait-and-see-when-you-unroll-the-bubble-wrap excitement...
and when its dry I'll show you too!!