Friday 15 July 2011

Changing colours

I am always amazed how many colour changes there are during the production of a piece of felt; from light, airy, dry fluffy tops,
to dry fixed and solid wet felted pieces, via athe soggy soapy stage!
 


The most impressive examples of this would have been my recent 'brown pieces'... if I had taken pictures of the original fluffy dry step.....I only remembered when gazing at the extremely dark and damp felted middle stage!






 This is how light it is when dry!



I'm  not sure which way up?





I love the wiggly alpaca!

Both this and the other study in brown  will be winging their way to the next stage of transformation very soon!

Not sure if you can 'frog' a blog, but this one has been deleted and edited several times!!
Hope you all have happy and peaceful weekends  - dodging the predicted showers!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe how dark it looked wet to dry. Another lovely piece of felt - this one more like tree bark for me than the last. Looking forward to your creations with them.
Becky x

Tracey Todhunter said...

Ooh, can't wait to see what you make with this. BTW saw Sarah H today and she says hello - we may have to plot a Brum felty gathering soon :)
Tx