Saturday 23 July 2011

Summer blooms

I am always searching for something to pick up and put down, that does not require too much thought, and will keep my fingers busy whilst watching telly!
I did try crochet...several times....
until about a year ago when I invested in a flower loom!



Since then there have been many blooms created and given as gifts (you may be able to spot one you are wearing?!) and are they are gradually making their way onto my cards....



This is my most recent bunch...

Some are looped from donated yarn.... you may recognise your colours....


others use multicoloured  yarn  - a petal potpourri....


  These two pinky purple ones are created from the same batch of hand-dyed hand spun Teeswater fleece from Highside Farm in Middleton-in Teesdale (Liz at That Fuzzy Feeling has been there!)


Just from one skein the  heathery colours are so different.

All of the crop have one thing in common........

....a needlefelted middle!

I think I'll keep the garden collection growing....

Hope you have a blooming marvellous week!


6 comments:

Tracey Todhunter said...

OOh, the daisies are my favourites. You could make bunting with them, it would look lovely hanging in a window or in the garden for a special occasion. Whenever I see a flower loom I think of my Dad, he had a yellow plastic one in the 70's and we pestered and pestered him to make us flowers for weeks! Enjoy them.
Tx

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

Aren't they pretty! I've never heard of a flower loom but, like, Tracey, I can imagine those pretty daisies strung out over a sunny garden...thanks for bringing back happy memories of camping at Highside Farm. I'll have to go back some time,
Liz x

Melody said...

and now I want a flower loom TOO! I love the daisies! Is it super easy by chance? I keep trying to crochet too, but i have to pay attention and not watch the t.v. or they end up a bit mishapen! Just doens't seem to come naturally to me... :)))))

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow, It works very nice, sweet and beautiful,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I've never heard of a flower loom eaither but how cool are these gorgeous and colourful woolly flowers...they look right at home on the lawn and I imagine on a coat or bag too. You clever lady you! Looking forward to watching the garden grow :)x

Gina said...

Very pretty. :o)