I have finished not one of the granny square projects I showed a sneak peek of here....but two!
The second has been given as a present and the first is waiting to be hung when we find a space here!
I have learned a lot during the making of these....
not all of my grannies are the same size - (especially from the first, made with superwash merino - the second with acrylic was a bit more uniform!)....
a Tardis has 8 blocks not 6....
the first Tardis is much bigger on the outside
tapestry wool can be substituted when the original ball runs out (see previous two points)
blocking can really straighten wiggly lines..
.. its great to formulate the pattern as you go along....
there probably won't be two the same (see previous point)
I looooove the flow of making granny squares!
One of the first projects I wished to make was from this pattern...for a while the magic circle eluded me so I put it on hold....until this week when these four cheeky monsters fell to earth from my hook!
I needlefelted their features (designed by RWJnr)....
the success of the needlefelting surprised me as a lot of the fibres are not natural - but they all stuck fast so I'll certainly do that again!
I've already had a request for some more...so expect some future monsterous activity!
Linda has introduced her readers to The Totally Useless Stitch Along ...the original link is here.....I think its a great idea and have started a pot of yarn ends....
I usually keep my high wool content ends to felt with so I might have a two pronged approach to this.
I'm waiting for someone at home to ask what the pot is doing here...wonder how long it will be...perhaps they realise its just another of my strange collections!
Looking forward to some more joint collaborations with RWJnr over the summer!