Friday 18 January 2013

Crochet Christmas gifts...


As stash busting of a woollen kind has begun I thought I would organise my stash of photos. There were quite a few that were lurking waiting for a blog slot  - so this is the first of a couple of updates.

 These colourful teddies , just a crochet circle with a few extra stitches for ears, all had a little woolly hanger..


Their features are needlefelted.... some look happier to be photographed than others!!

Lulu Loves made some pretty granny pincushions...just as I was in my granny rhythm.


 I had collected lavender from our garden (and mum had donated a considerable amount from hers) with the intention of making some scented bags and this seemed an ideal style. 
The heart is my own pattern, the flower Tracey's and all the yarn is Rowan handknit cotton - so soft and colourful.
Each motif is attached in the centre which makes the edges curl up and add an extra dimension.
 The lavender is encased in little packages hand sewn from an old shirt!


A couple of red and green granny scented sachets with a triangular crocheted Christmas tree motif, and a red sparkly heart shaped one were wrapped and given before I realised they'd escaped the camera!


Can you guess what this is?


The mini hexagon motif is from Bunny Mummy's blog and was quick and easy to hook.


There are equal numbers of pink, turquoise and  variegated hexagons (that have both colours and a few extras)...


By using the variegated yarn to join and finish the scarf a feature was made of the stitching and the double crochet border makes it a bit more sturdy.


A flower scarf for a special friend!


RW Junior is a big fan of Jaffa Cakes so I hooked this woolly one! 
The recipe: One chocolatey cotton crochet circle, a smaller square of double crochet sewn on top with orange wool sandwiched between the circle and square. A second spongy biscuit coloured circle stitched to the chocolate one and lightly stuffed!


Yummy! 
Such Fun!


8 comments:

crazydazy said...

hi ali, love the teddies, they all have different expressions, also love the jaffa cake, have a good weekend, alison

linda said...

All very lovely Ali those teds are so cute, the sachets are very pretty and I love the scarf, the jaffa cake looks yummy haha

Jaylyn said...

Hello

I love granny Squares too.
Yours are very pretty

Elisabeth said...

Cute teddies! The flower scarf is great too, I love to give handmade gifts :)

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

You've been busy! I love the scarf, such gorgeous colours - lucky friend! Enjoy your weekend, Ali,
Liz xx

Starfish Studio said...

What a lot of lovely things. The teddies look quite Pudsey-like (minus the bandage).

My favourite thing in this post is your absolutely lovely blue heart, and, as a non-crocheter, I haven't a clue as to how it's done!

I love the way your blog's looking with the array of wildly colourful pics at the top.

Kate x

Ana BC said...

I love all therse small projects. very cute!

Taci simmons said...

Love all the projects and that you are putting your stach to good use.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm looking forward to get to visit yours and seeing all of your great projects :)
I'm now following you also :)