Saturday 4 January 2014

A New Year!

Happy New Year! 
After a busy and fun Christmas, things are beginning to settle down a little here.
I'm looking forward to picking up my hooks, yarns, fibres and spindle again after the short break.


One of the highlights of 2013 was the Stashbuster challenge, 
an opportunity to creatively use the existing wool and yarn in my stock,
 meet lots of like-minded people around the world
 and share inspiration.

My total busted for the year was
 2035g!
Over 2 Kgs!


A huge thank you to Linda and Ana for hosting, encouraging and supporting everyone in our endeavours!
It taught me lots! 
I experimented with new designs, textures and sizes. 
I hooked 'on the edge' sometimes not knowing if I'd have enough to finish a project...I learned how to adapt!
It confirmed that I like to hang onto some of my favourite colours and textures, particularly if they are one offs or hard to come by ...so not all of a ball gets used!


Fully intending to continue using my existing woolly gems, I was really pleased to hear that Linda is this year hosting Stashbusting for Stashaholics -
so I will be able to keep on sharing in the link parties,
counting my gs,
finish the already started stashbusting projects,
 begin to unravel the ideas in my head
and have fun working out what to do with yummy colourful yarns packed in boxes and bags!
Even more exciting, Jacqui one of my bloggy friends is joining in too!

There's another exciting project idea germinating - and for Christmas I received a piece of kit that may develop my photo taking skills!

Hope you all have a happy, inspired and creative 2014 - looking forward to sharing the journey with you!

8 comments:

Jacqui Galloway said...

You did well with the stashbusting last year (I can say last year now), Ali. Looking forward to be part of it this year and to sharing the journey with you. Jacqui x

Taci simmons said...

Great job using your stash... Have a wonderful creative 2014!

Jaqueline said...

Yes you did do well last year, looking forward to sharing another woolly year - happy new year to you xx

linda said...

I can't wait to see what lovely projects you have planned for 2014 Ali. :)

crazydazy said...

wow.... a lot of stashbusting. Looking forward to finding out about your new project and also most interested in your Christmas gift that can be used with photos.

September Violets said...

Happy New Year Ali! You certainly did bust a lot of stash last year ... well done! I have to go through my stash again to see what I'd like to make ... I've used up a lot of the small bits, and now I'm into larger amounts (all inherited from my mother when she passed away). And since I've not knit anything large like a sweater, I'm not sure what to do there. Happy Knitting my friend ;) Wendy x

Ana BC said...

It was wonderful to "meet" you through the stash-buster last year. I enjoyed your projects, and I am looking forward to see your creations this coming year :-)

Melody said...

Ahhh yes, another whole year of potential creativeness lies ahead! Let us embrace it! :))))
Happy New Year and Yarning along!
(Love the reflection on the wall!)
:))))