Saturday 3 September 2011

Travel - Being Creative

One of the things I love about the Being Creative experience is hopping around worldwide spaces to see how other wonderfully creative people have interpreted the theme. I am always inspired, amazed and  prompted to think about what I do. The comments people leave on each others posts are so positive and  supportive, as are Julia's e-mails and posts.

This month I thought laterally about the theme... my mind travelling all over the place...wandering too randomly to record, but always returning to something safe,  that could have been made from felt. However, as I like to experiment a little for Being Creative I travelled a different path...

I have been mulling over the idea of books for a while...I love viewing Love and Peas* colourful and vibrant creative journals and Starfish Studio's blog has featured a wonderful handmade book  - something to aspire to!

Whilst popping over to Kaite's blog last month I followed her link to make  a cut and fold mini book ..which is what I did for this months theme of travel.

I made a small book and recorded the journeys made in our car on our recent holiday in the North East of England! Simple, but a quick reminder of some of our travels this year.


























 





I'm looking forward to the next theme of autumn...all those beautiful colours and shades....

11 comments:

helly5 said...

What a cute travel log, a great idea :)

Dania said...

Dear Ali,
I like your mini book! I love collecting such memorabilities of journeys etc. by myself. Looking on them after years is such a nice remember!
Thank you for leaving me a comment on my gallery! There is a translate button on my site just on the top of the right sidebar, if you are interested in more.
Elias was my first three-dimensional felt-object seven years ago and it was exhibited for seven years in Vienna and now came back to me, what a luck!
I like you chickens - they are really funny, the nests and the early autumn leave is quite beautiful!
So on! Have a nice day! Lovely greetings from Austria,
Dania

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

Hi Ali, what a great way to remember your summer travels in a pictorial journey. Looking at the little images and symbols told me straight away what you experienced at every stage (that last leg on the M6 looks a bit of a pain!). Some familiar territory for me, as you know...I wonder if you had a chance to buy any more wool?
I'm wondering about joining your little group of Being Creative bloggers, your posts have really inspired me, and it seems such a lovely way of connecting with other creative souls around the globe. Will see how the next couple of weeks pan out and perhaps ask to join in next time round :)
LIz x

Creative Chaos Art said...

That is such a great idea for holidays!
Helen xx

Melody said...

I Loooooove hand drawn maps! What a fun idea to make it a little book ~ your are SO right about getting inspiration from the other bloggers around the globe ~ Of course it's hard to focus on ONE craft when there are so many I want to try, and more distractions added daily by other good peoples awesome work! *sigh, your project makes me want to go back to England just so i can makes me own map!! :)))))) *BIG smile* :)))))

Linnhe Mara said...

Wish I'd thought if that for our holiday. Ah well maybe next year (and yet again you have inspired me)

Rainy Day Crafter said...

What a lovely idea and a wonderful way of remembering your travels!:)

Katie said...

Love this idea - I hadn't made any of my own versions of the minibook yet but you have inspired me to have a go. And such a great idea for a travel log because it's so small and can travel with you!
Awesome idea!
PS - I'm glad you found a link you liked on my post :-)

Anonymous said...

Clever idea!

Sarah said...

I love mini books. They are so fab because you make them yourself! What a fabulous idea - a great way to record your holiday.
Sarah x

Donna said...

Lovely idea. I saw this little book on Katie's blog and loved it as well. It is such a simple idea - just used mine for lists & to-do's though.