Monday 10 October 2011

Invisible Images!

Whilst scrolling through my past posts I discovered some of my photos are missing :(
One of the reasons I started blogging was to keep a record of things I made and photos I liked.
Lots of pictures I have uploaded are mega (byte wise)....but some that have become invisible were much smaller...bit of a random deletion process going on!
I have also found that I am unable to view some mosaics on other blogs...I think its just me as other people have commented on the beautiful pictures that are not appearing on my screen.
The up side is that I have discovered Picasa...and all my pics are still stored there regardless of their visibility on the blog, alongside others that I uploaded more than once or were the wrong way up....
So I am laboriously scaling each large picture down in byte size using Picasa and re-uploading some that are missing.
Apologies if you come to a large gap in text or a caption without its image..hopefully I'll get round to restoring them all in the end...I'm also hoping that if I have edited a post it doesn't appear on everyone's dashboard again?!
All this talk of pictures has prompted me to show you some blackbirds that appeared in the garden a few weeks ago....

One has flown far North whilst another made his way South!!

 I'm really excited to have joined a Snail Mail Holiday Swap hosted by Tracey and Emma..I'm looking forward to making and exchanging goodies, and getting to know my swapping partner....I'll be posting about it another time... but there's still time to get involved if you'd like.

In the meantime any pictorial advice gratefully accepted!!

3 comments:

Linnhe Mara said...

How cute are they? And not a pie in sight :o)
Pictures are a bit of a mystery to me and since I use a Mac I'm unlikely to be of any help. Hope it works out for you.

Tracey Todhunter said...

Can't help with the picture problem I'm afraid. Your blackbirds are lovely, I hope something equally creative finds it's way into your swap parcel.
Txx

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

How frustrating that some of your photos have disappeared, Ali - I'm afraid I can't offer any words of wisdom to help you bring them back. Those cute little birds made me smile as soon as I saw them: the recipients will be in for a lovely treat!! Sorry that I haven't had a chance to comment on your recent posts: I'm off to take a closer look now :)
Liz xx